Friday, January 30, 2009

Finally completed the "baby" sounds

Yay, today Kasser has finally completed the first 26 "baby" sounds... next lesson I hope to move him onto bigger things... so so far, he has 26 sounds and 3 rules under his belt, together with new coping techniques like skywriting, tracing and fingerspelling.

Vowels still present quite a bit of a struggle for him. Today during Auditory Drill, he wrote "e" instead of "i" everytime he heard the short /i/ sound... and I had to check him and ask him to check his sound bank to see if he even had the "e" letter there.

He was quite tired today... tired dyslexics learn far less than well rested ones. He also woke up late and was not ready when I turned up for class today.

Still... I haven't been doing a full OG lesson with him so far... not enough learned words and so on to do dictation... plus I was crashing the sounds... next week I'm going to try him on a full OG lesson plan... complete with learned words and words for spelling for the new phonemes as well. And I also hope to start some reading... we'll see.

Still, not bad for the 4th lesson....

No comments:

Post a Comment