Monday, July 25, 2011

Getting extra help...

We have so much on our plate that I am finally caving in and getting help from DAS (Dyslexia Association of Singapore). Stacey's OG journey has been short and very interrupted. I have failed to give her the regular support that she needs, and so I have finally signed her up for classes with DAS. I hope I am not too late. At the same time, the new SNO or AE, as they are now called, has arrived at her school. However, she is not OG trained, so it's just as well that I signed Stacey up for classes at DAS. Ah well.

Zach is also going for classes with DAS but I am hoping that they will give him Maths support. He already gets language support at school, which is great.

We go for Induction this Saturday (oddly though, we only have to attend one session, whereas everyone else I know who have attended this in the past always attended two), and hopefully soon after they will be assigned a class near home. The nearest DAS centre from our home is a direct bus journey away, so if the going gets too tough, I'll get the kids to make their own way there and back if necessary. :) That's part of the advantage of having them of an independent age I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment