Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Zach gets Irlen lenses too...

Yup. Zach's definitely got it. (And actually, so do I... but I'm only gonna get myself tested some time later... too many big purchases this month already).

We will be going back on Monday to get his specific colour, and hopefully we will receive it within a month. Then we gotta take the lenses to a regular spectacles shop and get the specs made. So in a month's time, we will have two coloured lensed children in our house.
Today, Doris Ang of Irlen Dyslexia Singapore took a detailed look at him, and I was pleased with the process and the outcome. I think Zach also was more convinced that the overlays would be of greater help. Today he received two overlays (and no, we didn't pay extra for them, it was probably already worked into the $380 I forked over for the initial assessment) - one pink one for computer work, and a lavender one for reading. Hopefully he keeps them in better condition for the next month, until he receives his Irlen lenses.
I'm thinking of getting Stacey to get hers done soon too. Especially since she cannot wear hers out into the sun. That's quite annoying... but we'll see. Like I said, we need to space out the expenditure.

No comments:

Post a Comment