Monday, July 25, 2011

Update on the Irlen Syndrome


So Stacey received her Irlen lenses late Jan... there was a huge delay but she finally got them. I think the glasses do help her because in the last two weeks or so she was starting to get lazy about wearing them... I often caught her without and had to remind her to do so... and correspondingly, she was also getting more tired and grumpier... even her ballet teacher commented that she was not "getting it" as she normally did. So I reminded her to put on her glasses as often as she could, and things have improved tremendously since...

On the same topic, Zach is going for his first appointment with Irlen Dyslexia Singapore. I decided that I would give Irlen Centre a go, and see how things are different. With Zach, the results of the testing with the overlays are not as obvious, but I think there are other benefits besides reading, just as Stacey gets other good "side effects" out of them too. Hopefully, I will remember to come in here and update on his findings and what we do in the end. I am also thinking of getting myself tested as well, because my eyesight is really getting "wonky" especially when I have been looking at the computer screen for far too long.

1 comment:

  1. Stacey is luckly to have Irlen lenses Because I have irlen syndrome don't have Irlen lenses I have a blog

    Don't called me stupid please check it out

    ReplyDelete